Total Pageviews

Saturday 27 March 2021

PROMOTED FROM D TO B

 I was promoted from D to B.

Yes D to B. It is not a grade but theoretically yes. After 3 years being the walking dead employee in the company. Some people saying that I just a redundant to the company, some people say what am I doing or what task assign to in the office. Talking about me huh? Only 1 finger goes to me but 4 fingers appointed to you. 

I promoted from Data Analyst to Business Analyst. My DA was not functioning as supposed but I did another task. 

Since August 2021, I was appointed as the project coordinator to a project, which is third project. I promised to myself to do better than previous projects. Out of sudden I was expected to be the subject matter expert (SME) for the project meanwhile I know nothing, not nothing but only 10%, only the introduction. I was managed a POC for this system but the development not completed as supposed since it is only POC maybe. From the POC, I already met the technical team. To be honest, I was not really confident managing the POC but now I am. 

Back to the story, the first week of the project is the introduction session which I already afraid of the project's journey haha. The second week we started the requirement collecting session, and was failed on the first day haha. Boss had to join us on the second day and forth. After the requirement session, I still need boss to come along for any meeting but there are some meetings that he is not coming and still cant handle the meeting, however the project manager able to lead the meeting. Those meeting was specifically regarding accounting and integration where I am zero at. Fuhh. 

There was 1 meeting that I was capable to lead with some help from boss which is registration part. When it comes to accounting part, I failed. Right after the meeting, boss asked me why I was not confident as the registration session? Boss, I failed accounting. 

To cut it short, I vigorously make effort to understand all the modules and items in the system until I am capable to re-do the SRS documents. I started to handle the meeting by myself after the mid of Nov 2021, I conduct the walkthrough of the test case for UAT preparation. Proud of me. Big clap!

Then, it started to less and not sleep, no weekend, no holiday, no off day to be exact. I grateful to have a team, a small team which giving full commitment to the project. Very grateful. 

But I feel wasting time because we spent months for something that not making us going anywhere we still at the UAT stage for months. Sometimes I thinking, what we were doing? We not achieving something in complete because we were interrupted with unnecessary testing session which also causing not well-managed project. I hope I could manage the project better on the next part and phase, better negotiation. 

I was cried many times lately due to stress with lots of work and timeline to chase. 

And there is 1 time I was with a user discuss on the requirements and process flow, I receive bunch of email on testing, I was stressed and cried. I text my boss saying that I cant afford to have all those testing straight in 3 days. And command for EOT come out hahahaha. Note for boss, I only will say something when I have to, when I am saying something, meaning that I had enough. 

All effort paid off with unlocking an achievement being promoted to another level. Alhamdulillah. 

There are lots of story to tell along the journey of this project. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

What Men Think

September 26, 9:15 am Me and some girl friends had some talk with a man who just considering he broke up with his girlfriend. We thought he ...